We just started tearing up the flooring in our RV! It’s been a vision of ours to have hardwood or laminate floor in any living space we had. Luckily we can do that on a low budget because the square footage of the RV is so minimal (around 150 square feet).
This is our first time ripping up any type of flooring and so far it’s been a little tricky. There is a bit more water damage than we originally anticipated but it looks like it won’t be too difficult.
The spots where water damage has hit include the bathroom, kitchen sink and water heater.
In order to fix this, we’ll need to tear up the original base flooring (which we haven’t started yet) and replace it. There is one issue we are currently working on though and that’s getting the flooring up around the edges/trim. The reason for this, we found, is because the flooring was placed prior to the actual kitchen, bathroom and walls were put in.
According to the group, Full-Time RVers on Facebook, they said it’s a good idea that we go ahead and use a razor blade to get the excess and then eventually place our own trim over the edges to smooth everything over.
Aside from the flooring and water damage, we’ll need to begin figuring out the propane tanks, stove (that we don’t have) and fixing the water heater. These should all be pretty minor fixes and we’re really excited to get them underway as soon as possible!