When Justin and I decided to travel the United States in an RV, we knew we would have a lot of first’s. The biggest thing we were excited for was going to our first RV park! We agreed on leaving Virginia and heading to North Carolina to Raleigh Oaks RV Resort. We had no idea what to expect living in an RV park for the first time. We had been living in our RV for the first few months, while we were renovating it, but we hadn’t experienced having to even hook up an RV to a lot.
Once we arrived to Raleigh Oaks we immediately saw all the amenities they had. Being our first RV park.. it blew our minds:
- Breakfast (waffles, coffee, juice) every morning.
- Two swimming pools (with full size bathrooms, showers included) located at both of them and a hot tub located at the larger pool.
- Regular live music events, cookouts/BBQs, and movie nights.
- Two good sized laundry rooms on each end of the park for convenience.
- A billiard room with TVs and two pool tables.
- Fitness room with many different equipment options.
- A lounge room with a dining area and full kitchen. Great for parties.
- A mini-golf course and playground for kids, as well as two pickle ball courts in the same area.
- There are two dog parks. One is located in the front of the park and one in the back.
- If you don’t have an RV, but still want to visit Raleigh Oaks RV park they also have cabins/cottage they rent out that are very cozy.
Things We Did in Four Oaks, NC
Four Oaks is a small town located about forty minutes south of Raleigh, NC.
There are a few outdoor things to do in this quaint town. Most of them were in the RV park, such as events for every time of the year. Hayrides for Halloween, fireworks for the Fourth of July and a huge bonfire just for the heck of it on a summer night, to bring everyone together.
Aside from the RV park, there’s a small town about 5 minutes down the road with new restaurants, a small movie theater, grocery stores, a gas station (with the best ice cream you will ever find) and very friendly people who always have something to say about the outdoors.
Now venturing off into Raleigh, since we did travel there often, one of our favorite places was a coffee shop called “Lorraine’s Coffee House and Music” During the day time it’s a quiet place to get some work done and meet friendly locals. The building used to be a CVS, so it’s a huge coffee shop! At night they have live folk music. I have to say it’s quite a treat to see how the music brings people together there.
Why We Loved Raleigh Oaks RV Resort
The people we met had a huge impact on our experience there. We were nervous with this being our first RV park, but not once did we feel like outsiders trying to live this life on the road.
Thanks to our friend Ryan who mentioned the opportunity, I ended up getting a job there as the gardener (workamping). We truly became family with the staff there (Ryan, Jeff, J.T, Jean, etc.). I definitely impressed them, since I was part of the outdoor crew. Being the only girl was a great challenge. I showed some true willpower on the hard days running the place.
It was a dream staying there with all the great people. Everyone worked hard to make Raleigh Oaks an amazing place to experience and I’m glad I was able to be apart of it.
So, if you want a nice getaway from the world and a chance to meet some really amazing people, Raleigh Oaks should be on your list!